- Rhacodactylus Geckos
- Malaysian Bowfingered Gecko (Cyrtodactylus Elok)
- Leopard Gecko (Eublepharus macularius)
- Smooth Knob tailed gecko (Nephrurus Levis levis)
- Frog eye Gecko (Teratoscincus przewalskii)
- Green Arboreal alligator lizard (Abronia Graminea)
- Bauer's Chameleon Gecko (Eurydactylodes Agricolae)
- Pygmy Panther Gecko(Paroedura androyensis)
- Japanese Cave Gecko (Goniurosaurus orientalis)
- Waxy Monkey Tree Frog (Phyllomedusa sauvagei)
- Spider Gecko (Agamura persica)
- Helmeted Gecko (Tarentola chazalia)
- Thick-tailed gecko (Nephrurus milii)
- Web-footed gecko (Pachydactylus rangei)
- Habitats and Vivaria
Slender Prehensile Tailed Gecko (Rhacodactylus sarasinorum)
Sarasinorum geckos are an arboreal species of gecko that are among one of the best starter gecko pet species. In our experience they are very fast and more prone to quick spurts of energy than most of the other rhacodactylus geckos. However, are also quite able to calmly be handled and even fed from your hand!
While their body types are generally more plump than cresteds (similar to gargoyles) they are very similar to crested geckos in facial structure and limb size. They do tend to have more prehensile tails not unlike the chahoua but can regrow them like gargoyles.
These geckos live at ambient room temperatures (lows of 64, highs of 90) and eat a diet of fruit and insects.
A pair can be housed comfortably in a 30 gallon tall tank with no more than a few branches for climbing and leaves for hiding.
They should be sprayed with fresh water 1-2 times per day and fed 3-4 times per week depending on temperature and hunger. They will eat a wide variety of fruits from organic baby food with added calcium and D3 vitamins to any of the Meal Replacement Powdered offered on the internet or at reptile shows (Crested Gecko Diet, Clark's Diet or T-Rex Crested Gecko Food). They also eat crickets, roaches, meal worms, wax worms, and horn worms.
These geckos are great hardy feeders, have the ability to walk on glass, are a good size (adults are about 8-9" in full length), can change colors throughout the day and their lives, and have very simple care.
If you have any further questions on the care of our animals or how to properly care for yours, please feel free to contact us with any of your concerns.
**note- We have decided to cut back on a lot of species due to plans to move in the near future. We still own sarasinorum geckos and are more than willing to provide lineage photos to prior customers and advice to anyone interested, but will no longer be breeding them.